Staff AccountantJob Type: Staff AccountantLocation: Hartford, CTSalary: $37,000 - $58,000
CIL, a multi-tiered organization with an annual operating budget in excess of $20 million, is seeking an Accountant to join our finance team. CIL is comprised of a nonprofit housing development corporation with a substantial portfolio of community residences and affordable housing. The Accountant position will report directly to the Controller and be responsible for accurate financial records within the financial services division.
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, capital accounts, tax liability, or other financial activities.
- Maintain general ledger and document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Provides financial information and interpretation by researching and analyzing accounting data and trends and preparing reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Support monthly close-out, compliance/reporting requirements, cost certifications, and audit activities.
- Monitor and analyze rental incomes, lease revenues, costs, and project performance.
- Fully participate and coordinate efforts related to the creation, documentation, verification, and tracking of budgets.
- Work with other members of the CIL team, including Development Department, Asset/Property Management Group, and Senior Leadership to ensure smooth efficient and effective control of CIL finances, in full compliance with covenants and other requirements.
Training and development will be provided to the qualified candidate who is open to new career opportunities and interested in being part of a growing, exciting company.
Bachelor’s degree with course work in Accounting and relevant work experience. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required.
How to Apply: Email resume to [email protected] with STAFF ACCOUNTANT in the subject.
CIL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.