Property ManagerJob Type: Property ManagerLocation: Hartford, CTSalary: $47,000 - $67,000
CIL, a multi-tiered organization with an annual operating budget in excess of $20 million, is seeking a Property Manager to join our team. CIL is comprised of a nonprofit housing development corporation with a substantial portfolio of community residences and affordable housing.
- Supervise daily property management operations.
- Manage operating budgets and recordkeeping for all properties, coordinating closely with Finance Department.
- Establish and maintain maintenance priorities, monitor maintenance performance through work order tracking and reporting systems.
- Monitor existing CIL property management policies, and, in coordination with the Finance, Asset Management, and Development Departments, create or revise existing policies to best meet the Corporation’s needs.
- Coordinate maintenance staff and contractors to maintain essential services and the value of the property.
- Ensure that a list of pre-qualified contractors is maintained and kept current.
- Select, hire and oversee contractors, architects, engineers and other construction and design professionals for repairs and other work requiring their expertise.
- Occasionally perform routine maintenance items and minor repairs.
- Ensure regular inspections of each property, prepare a summary of findings for coordination with Asset Manager.
- Ensure apartment or commercial unit inspections for move-out conditions and move-in readiness are conducted in a timely manner.
- Ensure rent collection policies are implemented, communicating closely with Finance Department and Asset Manager.
- Monitor lease renewal practices at all sites, and ensure that leases are renewed on a timely basis and rent increases are implemented as planned.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with funder and government requirements at all properties, including HUD properties.
- Conduct property and tenant support activities in accordance with CHFA and HUD standards.
- Is a key participant in grievance resolution processes, both internally with staff as well as with residents.
- Available on an on-call, rotational basis to respond to emergency situations.
- Have a basic understanding of federal, state and local laws, including Fair Housing regulations, building codes, zoning and environmental regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience in real estate/property management.
- Knowledge of accepted federal, state, and local real estate management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of housing programs for people with disabilities, a plus.
How to Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with PROPERTY MANAGER in the subject.
CIL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.